Friday, June 5, 2009

Comcast: 1, Morgan: 0

As of today we've been in our house for one week. (Actually, technically, it's as of tomorrow we were in the house, but we got the keys one week ago as of today.) Anyway, that is neither here nor there, the point is I've been with out internet at my home for nearly 168 hours. For those of you that know me well you know I am an internet addict, and had I not had the tasks of packing, cleaning the old, moving, cleaning the new, unpacking and organizing these past 168 hours I would have gone a little bit wacky.

I love the internet. I love email, I love reading the news online, I love shopping online; I get recipes off the internet, I self-diagnose potentially fatal illness', I watch three week old episodes of 30 Rock, Brothers & Sisters and Grays Anatomy. The internet is an infinite source of knowledge and a vehicle for communication and I love it. I love it all.

The plan was to go without it for the summer. I work on a computer and have internet alllll day at work. Keegan has an iPhone (not a computer, but it works in ap pinch). We've have several friends within walking distance with wireless internet. We've got so many things going on this summer (honestly, there isn't one weekend with more then 5 hours open from now until August 8--I've looked), so, really, how much time am I going to have to really surf the net? No interent (and no cable) was the plan for the summer. I am strong. Well, I can be strong. This is going to work. We can do it! And then the Comcast postcard came in the mail.


"Free basic cable with the purchase of internet for a year.*"

(*"Internet starting at $24 per month" according to said postcard...)


Hook, line and sinker. Touche, Comcast.

No comments: