Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Recent Yum-yums


I made Chicken with Balsamic Fig Sauce last night, a recipe I got from FSIL Katie, (future-sister-in-law) who got the recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. In one word I would say that it was DE-LISH. I also made caramelized brussels sprouts with toasted Hazelnuts. It was a good evening.


Tonight I made pesto. It was sort or an improvised recipe that went something like this:

-1 cup packed basil leaves
-4 or5 Tablespoons pine nuts
-3 cloves garlic (but you could use 2, I like garlic)
-little less than 1/2 cup olive oil(I think I would have been safe with 1/3, it was pretty oily)
-1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese

Toss it all into a food processor and chop until smooth. Pesto freezes pretty well, so I plan to make some more tomorrow to freeze. (I couldn't find basil in a small pack, so I have enough to make probably 3 more batches).

An update on Brock's beer: after letting it sit at 60 degrees for a week after bottling, we popped the beer in the fridge this weekend and tried it today. Congratulations Brock! It's delicious.



I'll be trying a new recipe for banana-blueberry muffins later this week, I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yum!!! those recipes sound really good!! You should send them, or better yet post them!!

morganrenee said...

The Chicken recipe is linked from the blog, just click on "Chicken with Balsamic Fig Sauce."

I'll post the Brussels sprouts recipe. It's super easy and VERY yummy (and healthy!).