Sunday, March 21, 2010

Flavour vs. Wicked

We woke up this morning with a hankering for waffles to moseyed over to the new stand of foodcarts in NoPo and bee-lined for Wicked Waffles, one of the newest carts on the lot. We're big fans of the Flavour Spot, but wanted to see what his newby had to offer.

I got the Wicked Waffle, a vanilla bean waffle with cinnamon and sugar; it was like a morning churro. Lovely Husband got a something-or-other with scrambled eggs, Tillamook cheddar and six (SIX! One, two, three, four, five, SIX) strips of bacon. To be honest I also got a Plain Jane--for comparisons sake--for the road. The Plain Jane is a vanilla bean waffle with their signature maple syrup. My waffle of choice at the Flavour Spot is their plain waffle with butter and powdered sugar, so I felt it only fair (if I was going to rank the two) that I compare apples to apples as best I could.

I like the bare waffle flavor of Flavour better, and I also appreciate that they serve espersso. The wait can get long, but Flavour takes Visa and they were also an early adapter and have been in NoPo for years.Wicked was very snappy with their service, they were very chipper and they have what seems like a very interesting lunch menu, but they do only take cash.

I think I'd need to try Wicked Waffle a few more times to be fair, but based on this first trip I think I'm a Flavour Spot loyalist. 

No comments: