Friday Night, driving home from a March Madness get-together where we (meaning Keegan) quickly discovered our hostess had a cat:
Keegan, expertly piloting the car with his knee while simultaneously blowing his nose*: I hate cats.
Morgan: I know.
Keegan: That was worse than normal, but I could tell right when we walked in that she had a cat.
Morgan: Don't forget to take an allergy pill tomorrow before we leave for my parents**. I gotta remember too.
Keegan: I hate allergies.
Morgan, for the 359th time: You should try the neti pot. It really helps.
Keegan: That's nasty.
Morgan: I know it is. But, it HELPS.
Keegan, with joy: I'll use the neti pot if I can have a Coke.
Morgan, reluctant: Ok.
Keegan: And YOU have to go to the store and get it.
Morgan: Ok. But YOU have to actualy try. YOU can't half-ass the neti pot just to get a Coke.
Keegan: Ok.
Morgan, reflecting: Our kids are screwed.
*It's ok, Mom, we were on residential streets.
**They live in the grass seed producing capital of the world.
My Daughter's Studio Apartment
14 years ago
1 comment:
Just re-visiting and re-reading by clicking on your labels. Funny about the footnotes on this one.
Post a Comment