So, I'm feeling pretty good about our pending nuptials. Wait, let me clarify. I'm feeling pretty good about the event, the planning and implementation of the event is gooood, the I's have been dotted and the T's crossed. We are golden. Then I got home from work today and realized I'm getting married in 9 days.
I'm getting married in 9 days. I, am getting married in nine days. NINE. N-I-N-E. Nueve dias. Don't worry, there were three boxes from Crate & Barrel on our stoop--registry gifts!!-- to break my fall as I came crashing back to earth from whatever cloud I had been dancing around on.
In nine days FH and I are going to be husband and wife, and it feels soooo adult. (By the way, I've gotta get another adjective for FH, because in nine days he won't be a future husband anymore. I think "FH" rolls off the tongue nicely so I think I'll pick an "F" adjective...haha, but not that four letter one, unless he keeps leaving his dirty shoes and socks laying around the living room... I know a couple Darling Husbands, and one Wonderful Husband, I even know an Ultimate Life Treasure....so I am going to have to do some thinking about what Keegan's new adjective will be).
Another of the day's revelations, other than the fact that the wedding is in 9 days, was that we are going on VACATION in 10 days! Yes, we are only going to Ashland but I am way excited (thank you brand new Goodman 97% efficient gas furnace for eating up our honeymoon cash, I know I'll be happy when our house is warm this winter). We are seeing some plays, of course, but I'm not sure what they are, Keegan picked them, I figured he should get to choose more than just the cake flavors since this is his wedding too. I know, so generous. Ok, he picked the First Dance song too. Don't judge me, he's 1000% laid back and on any big decisions we did collaborate (sort of).
Mr. Laid-Back,-Fly-By-The-Seat-Of-My-Pants and Ms. Gotta-Have-A-Plan-Or-A-List-For-Everything-Or-The-World-Will-Implode-For-Sure are getting married in nine days. We may still eat Eggo's for lunch and dinner and watch Harry Potter movies all day on Saturday and not quiiiite put enough in savings every month (for now) and not remember to take vitamins but we are going to be a stellar team and I can't wait. Marriage is going to be an adventure, this I know with certainty.
My Daughter's Studio Apartment
14 years ago
1 comment:
I love that!
It made me cry!
Yes, I'm pregnant, but I am super thrilled that you are marrying my brother!
Post a Comment