Monday, January 18, 2010

Kale--found!

I did it! I found kale and I cooked it! You may have read that I had some trouble finding kale recently. Well, I kept looking (ok, I went to a different grocery store) and I found it and I bought it and I brought it home and I cooked it and you know what? It was freaking delicious.

How? Well, I'll tell you. About 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 cloves crushed garlic over medium in a medium/large frying pan. When the garlic was fragrant (about 45 seconds) I added two-ish cups of cherry tomatoes, halved. Sprinkled in about 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Cooked until tomatoes started to get soft (about 90 seconds) then threw in one bunch of fresh kale, stems and all. Cook until headed through and until the kale has reached desired wilted-ness. (Like all greens, it wilts when heated). Served with baked chicken and roasted carrots with rosemary. O-M-G. It was one of those wow-even-I-am-impressed-with-my-apparently-awesome-cooking-skills moments.

Ok, now it's your turn. Go cook some kale and let me know how it went.

2 comments:

Courtney W. said...

Massaged kale is wonderful as well. :] In a large bowl, pour olive oil and salt over your kale. Roll up your sleeves, and massage the oil and salt into the kale for 2-3 minutes, until the kale starts to break down and wilt. The kale really benefits from nice half hour of relaxation after its massage (just pop it into the fridge), but that isn't strictly required. ;) Top with carrot, rutabaga, avocado, scallions and sesame seeds. YUM!

Patty said...

What's up with kale? I bought some today... for the first time, I believe. Will experiment...