What the HELL happened to November?!???? Seriously, honestly, I went to bed last week and it was October 31st. We'd just had an AWESOME Halloween get together in Casa de Newlyweds and I had etched in stone our standing as a Trick-or-Treating must for the kiddos in our neighborhood by giving out regular AND King Sized candy. I was ahead of the game in terms of holiday prepparedness. Recipes for my contributions to two Thanksgiving celebrations? Selected. Holiday decorations? Planned and (mostly) purchased. Christmas cards? Purchased. Christmas shopping lists? 25% of the way finished. Christmas letter (about which I have a very odd excitedness to write...)? Draft #1 complete. Etc and so forth...Then I wake up and it's November 22nd. NOVEMBER-BLOODY-22nd?
I should have known that November would treat me like this. The rest of 2009 has so why should November be any different? 2009--what is wrong with you? Did I offend you on some way and that's why you are so antsy to leave the party? To be honest, other than the speed at which you've buzzed by I've got few other complaints. We've had words about this already and I thought we'd resolved some of those issues. But I guess you choose to go all sorority girl on me, Pollyanna. Fine. I can deal with that. I'm a human, I'll evolve. (Yes, for those of you still in the dark on this one, evolution is TRUE.) But, 2009, if I hear that you've been talking to 2010 you're going to get a bitch slap so hard it'll go down in history.
My Daughter's Studio Apartment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment