Welp, lets see how we did.
1. Cook with less salt. Success. This was a pretty easy one. I still use salt, as its like the most used spice on the planet, but I've integrated flavor in other ways -- pepper, ginger, soy sauce.
2. Give blood at least four times a year. Success. You'll remember that I had a little hiccup earlier in the year, and because you have to wait 56 days between donations, even if it's an unsuccessful donation, I almost ran out of 2010 before I could schedule another appointment but I squeaked in a donation this afternoon (talk about under the wire) and that makes four!
3. Take a daily vitamin. Emmm... more like bi-weekly. But, I think that counts.
4. Learn how to cook more grains. Quenoa, check! Bulger, check! Brown rice, check!
5. Learn how to make pasta. Master at least one recipe that calls for homemade pasta. Success!! I've made homemade chicken noodle soup a with homemade noodles and took a ravioli making class.
6. Ride my bike both to and from work at least once. Umm...this is going to be a 2011 carry over...I knew it was going to be a tough one...
7. Go camping at least twice. Success! For the Triathlon and at Crater Lake!
8. Support the USPS: write at least three letters per month. Add stamp. Put in mail.There was a while when this was hit and miss, but I'd say this resolution had about a 70% success rate.
9. Learn how to do our taxes. SUCCESS. First b hand, then with Turbo Tax (which I'd recommend...). Want to feel like an adult? Do your own taxes.
10. Cook with veggies that previously have scared me: bok choy, turnips, cauliflower, okra and leeks. Success! Califower, parsnips, leeks, chard, kale, chipotle peppers! No bok choy yet, but I'll get there.
9. Learn how to do our taxes. SUCCESS. First b hand, then with Turbo Tax (which I'd recommend...). Want to feel like an adult? Do your own taxes.
10. Cook with veggies that previously have scared me: bok choy, turnips, cauliflower, okra and leeks. Success! Califower, parsnips, leeks, chard, kale, chipotle peppers! No bok choy yet, but I'll get there.
11. Read more news, specifically global politics and global current events. US media sources and international. Success-ish. I do try to read a few different news sources and I've added the NPR national and international stories of the day podcasts to my iPod.
12. Put some serious thought (yet again) into running a half marathon. Uhhh...noo...this too will be a 2011 rollover...
12. Put some serious thought (yet again) into running a half marathon. Uhhh...noo...this too will be a 2011 rollover...
1 comment:
Great list!
Also loved the japanese video. So typical!
Post a Comment