Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fighting the Addiction

Once upon a time one cup of coffee was all it took to elevate my levels of productivity to those of a cracked out Marta Stewart. Ahh, it's fun to wax nostalgic about the past....

I'm not an addict, I'm not. I have one, maybeee two cups a day. I never order a large (or venti) latte if I am buying coffee. I didn't even think I was the can't-function-in-the-morning-until-I-have-COFFEE kind of person. Apparently, apparently I am. At least a little bit.

What happens when you're deprived? You get off at the wrong bus stop and then have to walk 9 extra blocks in the early morning chill. You put letterhead in the printer the wrong way (twice), you stare absently minded at the wall during your staff meeting and you can't type for shit. I also have this really strange headache that feels like a halo on the top of my head--as if the pressure gets to be too much the top of my head is going to splatter onto the ceiling of my office.

Is this a caffeine withdrawal?