Monday, December 7, 2009

Getting On-line

Did you ever take the Myers-Briggs personality test? If you've been in any kind of freshmen level civics class, or an interpersonal communication class or I think if you went to high school you probably took this test. I'm pretty sure I am an ESFJ, (Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging.) Did you hear that last part? Judging.

On our honeymoon Lovely Husband and I went to Crater Lake (for the beauty) and Ashland (for the culture) and we fell in love with both places. We loved them so much that we are planning a camping trip back to Crater Lake in July 2010 with a stop in Ashland for P&P (!!!!!). So what do I do when we are seven months away from something? I start planning. Successfully armed with my BFF Google I started looking what it takes to reserve a camping spot at Crater Lake. I click on the Crater Lake National Park Camping website that Google lists first and
waaaa-BAM, I am bitch-slapped by 1998.

Take a look at this beauty:


I don't mean to by cynical here, but really.
Really? Dear Park Rangers: You have one of two motives: #1. You don't want to encourage people to visit Oregon's wild spaces, thus you maintain a website circa dial-up connections and cargo-shorts OR #2. (and this is what I vote for) you think we are STILL IN THE TIME of dial-up connections and cargo shorts. You tricky sprites! I can't be fooled! I see right through your antics!

Thank our lucky starts that site was an indipendantly run site, not one supported by the Parks Service. This is their site, ahhh, I again have faith in mankind.

No comments: