Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apple Tasting!

Do you ever go a long time without seeing someone or having a certain kind of food or wearing a long lost sweater or something and then when you are reunited with said person/food/sweater you realize that you REALLY liked that person/food/sweater and you wonder why you ever allowed yourself to put that much space between yourself and the person/food/sweater in the first place? Ok, that's how I am feeling about fall. I know I've talked about it recently...but really, it's trueeee!

This time last year (actually, it was this time last year +2 weeks) I head about an apple tasting event that had happened the previous weekend at the Portland Nursery on Stark. Apples, live music, a scarecrow contest and strudel? COUNT ME IN! Well, I missed it about a couple weeks last year but this year, oh no, I'm ready!


The Apple Tasting at Portland Nursery starts this weekend! Events like this one are why I not only why I love Portland, but why I love the Northwest. Our dogwood tree keeps on a changing color, I've been reading all over the internet about the importance of feeding your lawn in the fall and planning what I am going to get people for Christmas (yes, I said it, CHRISTMAS--I feel like October 6th is close enough to December to admit that I've been listening to Jingle Bells since August. You are free to judge me for that but if you are frustrated that I am talking about Christmas in October you might want to stop reading my blog...cus from here it's a downward spiral into a cookie decorating, card sending, carol singing, present buying celebration of my favorite holiday until about January 15th).

So--we're on our way to the apple tasting this weekend. (And then I'm ordering our Christmas cards!) Yay! Bring on the fall celebrations!

No comments: