Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wedding Update 3.15.2009

We registered at Macy's today. Ohmygosh it was fun. I've got to admit, I had so much fun mentally organizing all of these new kitchen tools and gadgets and towels and things into our hypothetical house that I started our registry at Crate & Barrel already. (Shh, don't tell Keegan). I don't think of it as me doing this without him, but rather giving us a head start, since the day that we go to Crate & Barrel is already laden with wedding errands. There is only one Crate & Barrel in Oregon, and we are registering there after we taste cake in Wilsonville and before we shop for Keegan's wedding band. I'm really just being efficient. (If you go to Macys.com to look at our registry, you'll find there are two. A few months ago I again was being efficient and started our registry at Macys.com, but today the saleslady couldn't find the one that I started, so she started us a new one. Now I can't access the new one and can't close the old one...until Monday when there is someone there at the 1-800 customer service number. The real one is the one with the Dyson vacuum).

I've done some more research into flowers, and I chatted with our family friend/florist to be sure we are in sync in terms of flowers. This photo is along the lines of what we are thinking for the centerpieces. Grape vines (or some sort of dried branch) with orchids affixed. There are very few blooming branches at the end of July, so we are going to create our own.


I mentioned cake. We are tasting cake in a few weeks, as well as picking the design. We are thinking pretty simply, something along the lines of this cake, without the little fleur de les designs and likely with orange orchids, not green.


I'm still exploring other dress options. I am going to try one on at The English Department, and I ordered one from J Crew last week that should be in sometimes this week or next week. I'm also thinking of wearing my maternal grandmothers dress. It would need alterations, both for size (I would imagine...) and for style. I'm hoping to have the dress sorted out soon.

Keegan and "the men" will be trying on suits soon. Yes, suits, not tux's. We are going to be outside, and it'll be July, so tux's seem a little out of place. We still haven't settled the officiant issue, but we are working on it. I did register us for the Catholic Archdiocese Engaged Encounter. A weekend retreat that came highly recommended to me by a co-worker. Seems like a good thing to do, I am sure I'll have some sort of reaction to 48 hours with a bunch of engaged people. The retreat is in May, I'll let you know how it goes.

Invitations will be ordred soon. The honeymoon is still up in the air, as far as I know. Keegan has taken on the planning it, and I am going to excercise as much self control as I can muster to not snoop because he wants it to be a surprise. I know we'll be going to Disneyland at the biginning, because that is something we've already decided on. My mom found a carerer, so I don't know the timeline for meeting with her, but I can't wait for the tasting.

Did I miss anything?

2 comments:

Team Swinehart said...

What'a a Carerer?
Where are you cake tasting?
Love the center pieces.

morganrenee said...

Caterer! The person who makes the food for the reception, (hehe).

Lambs Thriftway in Wilsonville.

Thanks! I love them too!