Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Will you marry us?

Because neither Keegan or I belong to a church (though both of us are Catholic...) we don't have a built in priest/pastor/officiant for the wedding. So, I am researching and we do have some leads. :) Throughout my research I have found some odd things in cybrespace. One such odd thing was this statement:

"
I co-create a world of holistic myth, magic, and love, through self-realization, creative action, and compassion. This is my life’s mission. This is who I am. Through celebrancy I manifest my mission by eliciting a change of consciousness (magic) in my clients."

Umm...is anyone else visualizing smoke signals and feathers? This statement came form Laurance, on Oregon page of the Celebrant USA Foundation and Institute (www.celebrantusa.com for those of you that are interested).

I suppose I am just equally traditional and un-romantic enough to not want a wedding ceremony that elicits a change of consciousness via magic. I'm also too cautious (read: paradoid) to hire someone off the internet to bind me for better or for worse and for all eternity to Mr.Keegan.

Any suggestions on a "celebrant?"

No comments: