Keegan and I are seriously thinking about buying a house--seriously. We've met with a mortgage broker, our credit has been checked, we've set a meeting with a real estate agent, and we are approved for a loan. This is grown up business we are talking about. We are grown ups.
All of this chatter about mortgages and loans and houses causes a lot of discussion about living situation. What if we find a place really soon? Will we move in together before the wedding? (Not a huge deal...but you know, we've made it this far without--gasp, co-hapitating--so it would be nice to keep some semblance of a union other than, oh yea, MARRIAGE.) But what if we don't find a place before June or, uh-oh, July? What if the wedding rolls around and we haven't found a house. Well, then we'll move into an apartment, hopefully an apartment that is cheap, (so we can continue to save), that is in St. Johns, or the North Portland area and that has all of the accommodations we are used to. But, what's if we move into a new place just to find the perfect house a month later? Hmm. That's TWO moves, also known as torture for Morgan TWICE in a relatively short period. What are the other options? Well, Keegan lives with roommates, and as fun as moving in with roommates after getting married would be I think we'd like our own space.
That leaves us with 350 square feet. Thats right, my studio apartment. Uh-huh. Yes, Keegan and I are considering living here, in the itty-bitty studio. Those of you who have been here know that I am crunched in here, so can just imagine that adding Keegan + his stuff would be a real project. None-the-less, we'd save a considerable amount of coin and (and this is maybe a little self-serving) I wouldn't have to move! (Just re-organize/recycle/get rid of/give away half of my stuff..."stuff" most likely meaning a lot of clothes...). Despite the fact that it would be considerably cramped quarters in my apartment, it would (maybe) be an adventure. It certainly would be an excercise in sharing and compromising.
I'll keep you posted. Maybe we'll just find a house to buy and move in before the wedding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think 350 sq feet of cohabitation is fantastic! Good luck with the house search - being a first time home buyer is fun! If you need a good realtor, let me know - ours is fantastic! Oooh to be an adult.
Post a Comment