Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dear Diary,

What shall I do with Christmas cards? There are two contrasting parts of me on the issue of Christmas cards. The side of me that loves Christmas and greeting cards of all kinds contrasts ferociously with the side of me that dislikes clutter and holding on to things "just because."

What shall I do with the lovely Christmas cards sent to me by friends and family?


Umm...taxes. This is one of those things that need to be taught in a final term course before people are allowed to graduate from college. Seriously! I think that there should be a course of adult life skills, taxes being one of the lessons. The vocabulary of buying a house and effective ways to negotiate a salary would also be very useful things to learn before being released into the "real world."




I was quite sad on Friday. My orchid died. I think it has been on it's way out for a while, but the last leaf fell off and it's all dried and shriveled up. It bloomed once--two years ago-- and then went on strike. Please note that this is the only house plant that I have ever killed. I currently have ten other houseplants packed into my tiny apartment that are thriving.









I successfully completed my first ever Sudoku!! It took me a bit of time to do it, but I did. Yay!

(If you find an error in this puzzle, please don't tell me. I would rather bask in ignorance then actually have done it be 100% correct but I'm pretty sure that it's right.)




I found Fruit Stripe! Remember this gum? They have Fruit Stripe gum--complete with tattoos on every wrapper-- at Paper Source on NW 23rd Ave. It's an odd place fot it to be sold, but it is!

No comments: