Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Netflakes

I'd consider us pretty modern here at Casa de Newlyweds. I mean, we have an iPhone. (Yes, only one...I'm enough of a internet junkie that if I had access to the interweb 24/7 I'd fall into a crevice in the virtual world and never want to return). So, we have an iPhone and a laptop. I know, I know. Techies!

We've not always been this way. In college a friend of ours, who I shall not name because I know there are people reading this who also know this person and while I am 110% sure you think he's as big of a tool as I do, I don't want to say loud and clear that I think he is a tool. So anyway, our friend got this flimsy red envelope in the mail one day and he said it was a DVD. It was like Blockbuster but in the mail. (Insert dead-pan, judgmental blank stare here). Ppshhhhhaaaah. That's the silliest idea I'd ever heard. No way was a mail-order DVD business going to be in business long. Way to waste your money Tool. 

Fast forward five years and Lovely Husband and I just installed Netflix to stream live through our Wii to play on our TV. Yup. Uh-huh. That's right. You can be impressed. Any TV show that is avaialble on the "Watch Instantly" list we can now watch instantly on our TV from the comfort of the purple people eater. AND, it's no additional cost! For $8.99, I (uh, I mean we...) can stream UNLIMITED movies and shows from the interwebs to our TV.

And who said we aren't early adopters.....ppshhhaaaaah.

No comments: