Something we've discovered in the last eight months is that paint can be quite transformative. We've painted the kitchen, our guest bedroom and the office. The next projects are our bedroom and the bathroom. Except that there are currently six different paint swatches on the wall in out bedroom and we (ok, I) can't commit. Lovely Husband has generously said three of the six colors are perfectly acceptable to him. We went through a purple phase. It's his favorite color, and it's cool and different, so we both thought it might be a good idea. Nope. Purple and white are the school colors of the university we both attended and now live a scant 4 blocks from. We're already wary of being labeled crazy UP alum-groupies, so a purple bedroom might not help make our case that yes, we do love our alma mater, but not in that man-I-wish-we-were-still-in-college-lets-go-to-every-home-game-decked-in-purple kind of way...Then we were in a gray/brown phase. Slate Pebble, Brown Teepee and Cheyenne Rock were our options. I was opposed to Brown Teepee and Cheyenne Rock based on name alone, and I actually did liked Slate Pebble, but now I'm not so sure...
I'll have you know this flip-flopping on the color choices is not a new thing. It seems to be how we get things done. The kitchen? There were five different color swatches on the wall before we made a choice. The guest room? I had a tragic episode with a color of blue that should be reserved exclusively to color those gum balls that you get for a quarter out of those huge glass gum-ball machines. The gum ball blue was chosen in an effort to avoid the flip flopping. My thought pattern being that I'd rip it off like a band aid--decision making would be quick and painful but then it would be over. Trouble was that it was like ripping off a band aid, it was quick and painful. The decision was quick and the repercussions -- hurt ego for picking such an awful color and then covering it with two coats of primer-- were painful.
So, now I'm leaning towards blue again. Thanks to the awesome shower curtain we got at Crate and Barrel we already have the colors picked out for the bathroom, which will be white and gray. Maybe a lighter shade of blue than the guest room but still in the same color palette? Or maybe green...?
Gum ball blue.
Current color.
Orange, one of the many options for the kitchen.
Current color.




No comments:
Post a Comment