You wouldn't be lying if you said I was emotional. Ok, you wouldn't be lying if you said I was really emotional. Or, really, really emotional. Ok, you wouldn't even be lying if you (caught me on the right day and) said that I am totally, completely ruled by my emotions and that I overract 90% of the time. So. So what. I'm a person ruled by my emotions and because I 1000% willingly admit and embrace this wonderful quality I think I should get a gold star.
The people keeping track of these things can now, with great confidence, add the song "That's What Brother's Are For" by Dean Brody to the list. The Songs-That-Will-Without-A-Doubt-Make-Morgan-Instantly-Dissolve-Into-A Gooey-Crying-Puddle-Of-Mess list. Because I commute via public transportation most of the time, and, because we live close enough to most things (grocery store, library, post office, etc) I walk a lot of places I don't find myself alone in the car often. When I am in the car it's usually my lovely husband (yes, it still sounds funny to say that) that is driving. Because Keegan is usually the one doing the very important work of getting us from Point A to Point B and I am doing the very imporarnt work of telling him to not follow so closely behind the car in front of us or to slow down around the corners of Germantown Road I don't want to add (too much) insult to injury for my poor chauffeur by making him listen to country music. I save that for when I am driving alone. All alone, with no one there to tell me that rather than listening to the whole bloody song about an older brother going away to war, leaving his scared and worried little brother at home and then coming home in a wheelchair and all the while being noble and honorable and patriotic and saying to his little brother, hey, that's what brother's are for, yes, rather than listening to this whole entire song and rapidly transforming into the Gooey-Crying-Puddle-Of-Mess Monster while struggling to pilot my car through tear filled eyeballs I could, I donno, CHANGE THE RADIO STATION.
Ha, and you thought my aversion to driving was because I was lazy. Silly you.
My Daughter's Studio Apartment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment