Sunday, March 27, 2011

Most Important Meal of The Day

I will freely admit to anyone who asks that I am totally, 100% a food snob.

I was recently at a house party and talking to a fellow guest about our favorite foods. I mentioned that I love a good burger. She then said that she too loves a good burger and finished the sentence with "my favorite is the Chophouse Burger at Red Robin!"

Oooooookkkkayy, now I know what I'm dealing with. My brain said, "Umm....whaaaa? Who are you?" but hopefully my face said, "Oh, that's a good one!" because my mouth said, "Oh! Never tried it!" Shortly thereafter the conversation ended, I walked away and sat in a corner, hoping to not have to talk to anyone else whose favorite burger came from a restaurant whose menu features bottomless steak fries with every-single-entree.


That being said. We tried a lovely new restaurant this rainy morn. It's Equinox on N. Mississippi. Keegan had the Roxy Breakfast Sandwich and I had the Breakfast Pillow with two poached eggs. Both were delicious and as we left I thanked my lucky stars that I live in a city that enables and fosters my epicurean snobbery.

It's ok if you judge me, because if you're favorite burger is from a nation wide chain, I'm judging you right back.

3 comments:

Megan said...

So, where can I find your favorite burger? I'm always looking for suggestions.

patty said...

Thats our girl! Must be a result of being raised on grass fed "meats".

Go ahead and judge to your hearts content! Just know the urge to do so will only escalate as you get older. The key is to just not verbalize it all the time.

Team Swinehart said...

That's awesome! Red robin is HORRIBLE!