
It's become a new fad to take your wedding dress out (post wedding, of course) and have a photo session while trashing your wedding dress. Huh? I just paid hundreds, thousands of dollars on this dress and now am going to nasty it up to a state beyond repair? Uh-huh, that's what I'm saying.
Other than save it for a future girl-child, what else am I going to do with it? (And, chances are styles are going to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy different by then, and that's IF we have a girl-child and IF she likes the dress--or me--enough to wear it on her Big Day). I'm not going to wear it for any future weddings. If things don't quite work out with LH (that's Lovely husband, for you who are behind...) chances are good that I won't wear the same dress in subsequent weddings. Have it take up valuable closet space? Um, no, I have too big of a commitment to shopping to make that kind of sacrifice for a dress I'll never wear again. Our house isn't quite the style that would be fit to have a framed and backlit frame showcasing my dress. So, where does that leave me?
Thoughts?
2 comments:
You could sell it and make some of your money back, or donate it to a worthy cause!
Styles always repeat themselves...
save it for a grand daughter to wear.
Post a Comment